Dead/ bright Pixels anyone?General

Last Updated:

1. patrickisfrench

patrickisfrench Member This Topic's Starter

Apr 10, 2010
    Went into the mall where I work this morning, there's a verizon kiosk right outside my store. Pick up an Incredible. Start driving home while playing with it. At a red light I notice a bright green pixel over an orange area of my wallpaper. Indeed it was there throughout any application I used. When I loaded up the browser and went to "about:blank" (which loads a fully white screen) I was able to see it there also.

Bummer. I live 14 miles from where I work, and where I picked up this Incredible. So I head over to another Verizon store closer to where I live. I show the agent, and he agrees and we swap it. Next phone... dust under the screen, 3 particles, right out of the box!

Once more another replacement. This time a red bright pixel around the same area (lower left quadrant of the screen) as the first phone! 4th phone into it, finally no issues.

Has anyone else gotten dead/ bright pixels in their AMOLED displays? Open your browser and enter this address in. about:blank, just like that. look hard, tell me what ya find. Took me four phones to get a good one. Hope everyone else here doesn't have to go through the same.

2. b00sted4fun

b00sted4fun Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2010
    sorry for your troubles, mine seems good and I am anal bout that stuff.. I went through 8 ipod touches for the same issue lol