Dead Droid?Support

Last Updated:

1. Flavio

Flavio New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

I did something stupid yesterday: removed the battery while booting. It was on the boot animation screen, after the Motorola logo went out.

Now I can't turn the phone on, the white charging LED only lights up when connected on the computer USB port. No LED on wall/car charger.

Tried:
    - Removed/reinserted battery
    - Press power button with SIM removed
    - Press power button with memory card removed
    - Press power button and X
    - Press power button and UP

Android version: 2.0.1. Stock version, not rooted, no overclocking.

There's no sign of life on the device. I almost sure that's a hardware problem.

Just want to check with you guys before taking it to the authorized service, because it will take weeks to get back.

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. condog

condog Well-Known Member

That almost sounds like you short-circuited the battery. Try putting the battery back in and charging for a few hours and see if that does anything.

3. Flavio

Flavio New Member This Topic's Starter

I have tried this too.

4. condog

condog Well-Known Member

oh ok. well then its either a dead phone or dead battery. If you go to the verizon store to get it replaced check to see that the battery works in the replacement they give you.

5. clove2873

clove2873 New Member

this is the situation i find myself in right now.
    my phone (running on the manual update of frgd22 from google's server, if that is relevant info) died overnight. this is the first time it has died since my update, as i usually charge it overnight.
    i'm currently plugged into a macbook (gasp, i know, it's my sister's) and like mentioned above, the white "charging" led is lit.
    problem is, my phone won't turn on... it's been plugged in for about two hours now, so it's not like it wouldn't have enough juice.

anyone know what's going on/what i can do?

6. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

Actually, it may very well not have enough juice - the Mac may not be supplying it with enough voltage / amperage b/c it is an 'unrecognized' device. Does the Mac have the appropriate drivers for the DROID to connect to it (or whatever Darwin / MacOS uses in the place of drivers)?