Dead Motherboard... Idea's to power up?Support

1. DNA572

DNA572 New Member

Aloha,
    My phone has recently put me through a lot of stress... One day it just decided to die on me and won't turn back on. I can't turn it on, charge the phone or soft/hard reset. I've tried new batteries, new chargers, different outlets but no success. I know it is not a battery/charger issue as both work with a new functioning S2. I simply just want to get power to the phone to connect it to my computer and get the data that's in the phone, out of the phone
    The S2's motherboard is one entire piece, so I could not replace or rewire power to the internal hard drive itself. The connectors for the battery are directly on the phone board itself and so is the USB port. I assume that means I can't externally give the phone any power... so here's the question:

How can I get the memory part of the mother board?? Which part is the actual memory function on the board? And does anyone have any ideas as to how I can reconnect power to the board? Or even swap out the memory (minus soldering)?

Please, any help is appreciated!

Advertisement
  2. Ijaz Ahmed

Ijaz Ahmed Well-Known Member

I have one such SGH-i777 with me, the power IC MAX8997 gone bad when phone was on charging.

This link might help you to locate the memory chip but I think it is really next to impossible to do such chip replacement work without professional tools.

AnandTech.com - Samsung Galaxy S 2 (International) Review - The Best, Redefined

These ICs are available online but do you have skills / equipment to desolder and then solder a new chip ?

max8997 Power Supply IC For Samsung power ic max8997 free shipping-in Integrated Circuits from Electronic Components & Supplies on **********.com
  3. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

I don't know if it will help but you might try a usb jig. There are several guides how to make one and many places to buy them. You might also contact mobiletechvideos.com and ask them if their JTAG service would help.
  4. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

Hello and Welcome to Android Forums.

Unfortunately, the internal memory on smartphones is an integral part of the motherboard. If the board is damaged or has a failed component, there is not really anything you can do to retrieve the contents.