• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Dead Pixel

xrussx

Jul 15, 2010
OK heres the deal, I order one online didn't get a tracking number until 5 mins ago 10:40PM CST. In the mean time I had an X held at a store as a backup, so I went buy and picked it up. They had to create a new account for the X because they couldn't find the other one. I got it home and noticed when watching a youtube video or even on the menu screen I noticed a red deal pixel. So now that I have my tracking number and my other account, should I just return the phone to the store and tell them the story or ??? I don't need two phones and I don't want the one that has the dead pixel.

Stuck pixels usually fix themselves, but I can understand being frustrated with having one on a new phone.

While this is generally true it is not always the case. I've got a TV that's a bit over 2 years old that still has a stuck pixel lol. I'm not sure if there is something similar for our phones but on my computer I have a program called Dead Pixel Buddy. It will cycle through red/green/blue as well as show all white and all black screens to check for dead/stuck pixels and attempt to fix them. Perhaps there is something similar in the market place.

Upvote 0
**Resurrecting this thread only cause I don't want to clog the forum with new posts**

I have a dead pixel and I just got my phone yesterday. Do I just call customer service and ask for them to send me a new one? What charges are involved? I tried using a pixel fixer but no dice :(

Upvote 0
**Resurrecting this thread only cause I don't want to clog the forum with new posts**

I have a dead pixel and I just got my phone yesterday. Do I just call customer service and ask for them to send me a new one? What charges are involved? I tried using a pixel fixer but no dice :(

Yes. They will ship you a new phone then you send yours back. It should be free. Definitely no restocking fee or anything.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones