Dead Pixels? Strongly considering getting a HTC Hero (Sprint)

Last Updated:

1. Bat

Bat New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi. I currently have a 8830 Blackberry. I really want a droid phone and the HTC Hero has gotten good reviews.

A concern I always have when buying new stuff like this is.. have dead pixels been common with the HTC Hero?

Also I see some negative threads.....

What is the general consensus of the Hero? A good phone? Worth paying the full price (since my contract isn't up)? Is it worth waiting for a different model? Etc etc.

Thanks much!

~Bat

Advertisement
  2. pinoy724

pinoy724 Well-Known Member

Just get the Evo. Comes out in three weeks. June 4th to be exact.

3. peck1524

peck1524 Well-Known Member

While I love my Hero, its probably worth waiting to get the latest and greatest phone. The Evo specs look pretty awesome, even if you won't have 4G in your area.

4. apollomaker

apollomaker Well-Known Member

Ditto the others --- barring any staggering "clearance sales" on the Hero that might influence your buy decision, might as well wait for the EVO. The real costs, plan content and plan costs that will be available to you could be an influence too. Just wait and see what Sprint throws at the market.

The Hero is a good phone, and it is rootable. It also has an excellent GPS receiver in it.

My two cents.

Cheers --- :D

5. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

EVO without contract is $450...not bad...
    or get Hero on craiglist... for $200ish

Hero is a great phone! hell.. when the EVO is released..i am sure there will be a lot of Heros for sale!!! :rolleyes: want to buy mine in 3 weeks?? it is ROOTED and running 2.1!!!! all setup and ready to go!!! :D

6. russhour

russhour Member

To answer your question, dead pixels on average are no longer an issue. I just purchased mine and have had no dust and no dead pixels. At this point, IN GENERAL, HTC has fixed the screen issues.

IN GENERAL

People post a lot of negative threads, just remember that it is a phone and has limits. When you don't expect it to be perfect and recognize that it will have its own quirks, you will be far less disappointed.

7. tailsthecat

tailsthecat Well-Known Member

I like my hero. Got fresh2.0 on it. 2.x on the hero is nice. I was excited about the evo but its huge. Then i hear of the extra ten dollars monthly... also it would cost myself about $449 to get the evo. The hero is a good device, sounds good, feels good, runs well with 2.1, i like the form factor.
    But the snapdragon processor is tempting...

8. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

Another thing to consider with the evo is its size. The form factor is a LOT larger than the hero. But, with this, you grt all the newest hardware and the newest operating system. Did I mention the hardware already?

9. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

please also keep in mind the real world...

more than 95% of the happy people DON'T say or report how happy they are. so you only see a few individuals that want to express their pleasure with the products.

on the flip side...

more than 95% of the unhappy people WILL say and report their issues!!

so what you read here or any place else on the problems that any product has.. is biased in the wrong direction.

take into account all the awards the Hero has received different review entities. even with its 1 yr old hardware specs.

10. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

Hell, if you want the Hero, I have to agree, get it. I'm one of the far and few happy owners (lol). Aside from a few quirkies here and there, it's all good. If you want the newest device on the market, wait for the EVO. If you want a good one now, get this. Your choice honestly.