Dead Pixels!!!! This can't be!!

Last Updated:

1. djdriod

djdriod New Member This Topic's Starter

:mad:Hi all,

I bought 2 Epics last night was so excited!!
    I like the phone except for a couple of things that i have noticed one of them being the wobble oreo effect that I seem to have on both phones and I just noticed I have dead pixels on both phones!!! Aghhhh!! :mad::mad::mad:
    I am so disappointed and don't know what to do?? The pixels are one to two tiny black specks that can be seen on light background screen colors.
    Anybody else with these issues?

Any feedback would be great!

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

take them back. Dead pixels can come and go. So one day u might think it's fine and the next day it appears again.

3. megabiteg

megabiteg Well-Known Member

When you deal with mass production your bond to have a couple of bad ones... you just got lucky. Try to swap them out, maybe even go the extra mile by doing so at a different store so you can get a "different batch" of phones.

4. djdriod

djdriod New Member This Topic's Starter

Yeah I might have to do that i guess.
    One of them is not very noticible unless I really look at it very close. I'm Just afraid that I will get another that might have some other issues or more dead pixels?
    I think my issue is when I first get my phones I download the pixel detector app and look for dead pixels.. maybee I shouldn't look for them or care until I see them under regular use?
    Anyone else check for dead pixels before using thier new phones or is it my OCD acting up...LOL

Thanks.

5. megabiteg

megabiteg Well-Known Member

Well..... I've never been that OCD about pixels until its noticeable enough but everyone has there thing. I would say that if your not happy just exchange it, what may not be important fo me can make a big difference for you.

6. Wrxdrunkie

Wrxdrunkie Well-Known Member

I also just got a new epic, noticed to dead it has a dead pixel, pretty upsetting. I hope the sprint store will replace the phone.

7. dodgeram02

dodgeram02 Active Member

Yep im heading to the sprint store to eitehr get mine replaced or get it exchanged to an Evo..I got a black dead pixel also..now with the oreo effect..its a slider phone all slide phones will have movement..I really hope the sprint store has some Epics or Evos in stock...good luck

8. YaBoiD

YaBoiD Well-Known Member