Dead Pixels?Support

Last Updated:

1. liljonnyboy

liljonnyboy Member This Topic's Starter

So today I noticed what seems to be a dead pixel (Not really dead, it just stays the same color). I'm not 100% sure if it is,but I notice that it's pretty much always a blue-green color. I tried doing a pixel fix by using one of those videos on youtube, but no luck. I did notice, however, that if i paused the video, the pixel would be filled in on a blue or green picture, but on red it would turn black. Anyone have any suggestions? If not, do you think I should try exchanging it?

Advertisement
  2. CatsTide

CatsTide Well-Known Member

yes...i would exchange it....

3. liljonnyboy

I also got the phone in from the mail. If I were to exchange it, would I go to a Verizon Store or ship it back to an address? And would I still have to pay for the restocking fee?

4. liljonnyboy

Bump.. Help greatly appreciated

5. FierceDeityLink1

FierceDeityLink1 Well-Known Member

I believe you can go to a store if they have it in-stock, but it might be easier to just call *611.

6. liljonnyboy

Would I still have to pay a $35 or not since this is a defect of the phone?

7. FierceDeityLink1

FierceDeityLink1 Well-Known Member

No, you shouldn't have to.

liljonnyboy likes this.
  8. liljonnyboy

Thanks for the help.

9. woop

woop novacane (OFWGKTA) VIP Member

Just curious, do you have a picture or can you take one? I'd be interested to see where and how it looks like to make sure it doesnt happen on my phone.

10. liljonnyboy

Sorry, I don't have a camera, but I can try to describe it the best I can. Basically on my Incredible, if you were to pull up a full screen HTC weather widget, you would see a small blue pixel surrounded by the sun in the upper middle area of the screen (Keep in mind the location might be different on different phones).

I have noticed that when it's against darker colors like green or blue, it will change, but if it's against lighter colors like orange or red, the color is either black or blue. It's not noticeable at first, but once I spotted it, it kept annoying me. It really sticks out after a while too..

11. fueledbynewjersey

fueledbynewjersey New Member

Ive had dead pixels on devices before, they can be very annoying. hopefully you only have a stuck pixel and not a dead pixel. In some case you can download a program that will flash colours rapidly on the screen and that will hopefully "jumpstart" the pixel into acting normally. Im not sure if they make any for the specific programs on the market place. you may have to just download a video and transfer it to your phone. This youtube vid is pretty good, YouTube - Stuck Pixel Fixer, just leave that on a loop for a while (fair warning: DONT WATCH IF YOUR EPILIPTIC). If THAT doesnt work. then i would suggest gently literally rubbing the pixel away while the video plays. Sometimes that works. but only a last resort before you return it. WOAH this is along post. hope that helped!

12. liljonnyboy

Thanks, but I've already tried this before. I left it on for quite some time, but the blue dot is still there =/ I'll be sure to try rubbing it while it plays before i return it though. Sad to see such a great phone have such a small but annoying problem.

13. BetterMost

BetterMost Banned

I would swap it out for sure.

14. klownin5643

klownin5643 Well-Known Member

Same issue just noticed it today.. thats bs... i love this phone... this pixil thing is going to annoy me though if i dont get it replaced. out of curiosity, if 1-2 pixils are dying. is that a bad sign for the rest of the screen?

15. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

Not necessarily Clown, but you should still get it replaced while you can.

Sent from my HTC Incredible using Tapatalk Pro.

16. klownin5643

klownin5643 Well-Known Member

my main problem with getting it replaced would be... they are going to send me a refurbished phone... what if this refurbed one has more annoying issues.??? that would suck.