• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [DEAD][ROM] CTMod Admire - updated 4/14/2013

Hey guys. Swiftkey keyboard just got an update with a theme that matches this rom perfectly. I thought I'd share because swiftkey is currently on sale for 99 cents and is like the best keyboard available to android. Heres a screenie of it
screenshot-1368794034314.png

Upvote 0
Finally got around to trying this rom and I must say bravo. Super smooth, even with pressy4pie's 1200 oc kernel. I do however have a few bugs to report. In the system settings menu when trying to access a few items it causes settings to fc. This happens when trying to get into: wireless-more, sound-volume, display-brightness. Also in the ctsettings SDparter causes that to fc as well.

One last thing dspmanager will not uninstall. I have used romtoolbox in the past to remove system apps and it will not remove this one. Is there any other way I can remove it? Reason being I want to install beats and not have dsp constantly fc. That gets quite annoying.

Upvote 0
You got to install the live wallpapers apk. Since this rom is deodexed you need to go find a stock rom that deodexed and extract the livepapers apk from the zip file. Then takr the app and move it into the system/apps and make sure to properly set the permissions and then reboot. Live wallpapers should work now. Look the the all things root guide that is stickied and i believe there are a few stock deodexed stock roms

Upvote 0
{!!!READ CAREFULLY!!!}
Yo have any encountered the following on this rom:when battery level reaches around 55% fone acts crazy typing on its own opening n closing things on its own n if on internet dies around 52%! Then plug n charger n battery while off reads still 50% left! Then if reboot on charger battery reads were it left off but if reboot w/O charger battery reads between !-2%. Anyone else experience this kuz its weird ?:(

Upvote 0
{!!!READ CAREFULLY!!!}
Yo have any encountered the following on this rom:when battery level reaches around 55% fone acts crazy typing on its own opening n closing things on its own n if on internet dies around 52%! Then plug n charger n battery while off reads still 50% left! Then if reboot on charger battery reads were it left off but if reboot w/O charger battery reads between !-2%. Anyone else experience this kuz its weird ?:(

:0

Upvote 0
{!!!READ CAREFULLY!!!}

You might have a bad battery?

Upvote 0
I like this rom, just having a few issues, certain settings cause a fc, kernel governor settings don't stick, and cache issues in recovery. any help would be appreciated!

not all the bugs have been fixed in 3.80, so the some settings force close. you can go back to the previous version if thats a problem for you.. and for the cache issues, just reflash the rom in CWM

Upvote 0
not all the bugs have been fixed in 3.80, so the some settings force close. you can go back to the previous version if thats a problem for you.. and for the cache issues, just reflash the rom in CWM

When you plug your charger/USB PC it force closes settings.apk
The proximity sensor doesn't work
When you turn off the phone, and you connect your charger it starts the phone as normal (Should be on charging screen)
When you go to CTMod Settings (ROM Tab), an d you go to SD Parter it ForceClose Settings.apk
I think cogra will fix this

Upvote 0
When you plug your charger/USB PC it force closes settings.apk
The proximity sensor doesn't work
When you turn off the phone, and you connect your charger it starts the phone as normal (Should be on charging screen)
When you go to CTMod Settings (ROM Tab), an d you go to SD Parter it ForceClose Settings.apk
I think cogra will fix this

Yup those are all the problems I ran into. I went back to 3.75. Has less bugs and is smooth as hell with the 1200mhz kernel. Pretty sure cobra will fix all the bugs and get this ROM working 100%. His work on this ROM iswas pretty amazing

Upvote 0
Yup those are all the problems I ran into. I went back to 3.75. Has less bugs and is smooth as hell with the 1200mhz kernel. Pretty sure cobra will fix all the bugs and get this ROM working 100%. His work on this ROM iswas pretty amazing

Wow guys thanks...
I recently picked up a new laptop so ill start work on it imeidialy...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones