• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Dead S II...HELP???

easdc

Lurker
Dec 16, 2011
Hi all. Just thought I would try here while fingers crossed and phone plugged in. ATT stock SII. Was at 98% battery at midnight, went to bed and this morning, the phone is dead (or comatose). No response from the power button. Currently it is plugged in, in my hope that a charge will revive it.

But it has now been about 45 minutes plugged in and still will not turn on. Typically, if the battery dies over night, while not plugged in. I am always awoken by the low battery notification sound. Did not hear it last night. Bad sign.

FYI, no ICS, but I did do the update. Battery life has been "OK", cycling between what I would call good for a few weeks to crappy for a few days. Only some photos would be lost but I would rather have them.

So I am writing to a) ask for any ideas and b) give you all a heads up!.

HELP!

False alarm. After about an hour and a half plugged in, I was finally able to power it on...and it read 1% battery. Disaster averted, but now it makes me really wonder about my battery. Midnight full, 100% completely dead by 0730 just sitting there while I slept. Pretty pathetic.

Upvote 0
False alarm. After about an hour and a half plugged in, I was finally able to power it on...and it read 1% battery. Disaster averted, but now it makes me really wonder about my battery. Midnight full, 100% completely dead by 0730 just sitting there while I slept. Pretty pathetic.

download CPUspy from the store and check if the phone is going to deep sleep or not (while unplugged). Some apps will keep the phone awake for some stupid reason and battery consumption will go up to the roof... If you find such app (by trial and error while looking at CPUspy) then get rid of it. I also heard there is an app called watchdog that does a similar thing, but it tells you which running process is the issue (I liked the trial and error better with CPUspy though...)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones