Dead screenSupport

1. camplejo

camplejo Active Member

This morning I put my Optimus V in my pocket as I got out of bed and then stumbled a little and hit into the bed post right on my pocket where the phone was. When I pulled it out, and tried to turn it on, the screen was all white. I removed the battery and rebooted it and it boots fine and seems to be working except the screen is all black now.

Have I ruined the phone? Is there anything I can do about it?

Advertisement
  2. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female Guide

If no one can offer any assistance with helping you fix this; as long as you are the original owner of the phone and you've had it less than 1 year (1 year warranty only covers the original owner of the phone), you can call VM USA and request a free replacement phone.
  3. camplejo

camplejo Active Member

Thanks...have had it about 18 months. I called VM and they will send me a reconditioned one for $25. Now I just need to figure out how to get all my stuff off the old one without being able to see the screen :-(
  4. AndyOpie150

AndyOpie150 <strong> <a href="http://androidforums.com/optimus Contributor

Try using Droid@Screen. It might allow you to see your screen on your PC.

Go to the sticky "The Truth About ROM Manager". It has a very good video link and all the instructions and links for getting it installed properly on your PC.

As a matter of fact Petrah was the one who helped me with my first install of Droid@Screen