1. Tablet future looks bright! Read more about: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    New Forums: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    Dismiss Notice

Dead spot on touch screen.

Last Updated:

1. Felix30010

Felix30010 New Member

My eris has a dead spot on the touch screen. Will Verizon know its rooted and not cover it under warranty if i have a 2.1 rom installed?

Advertisement
  2. CuBz

CuBz Well-Known Member

This is the 3rd time i've found someone with a problem after rooting :rolleyes: another reason why I won't root.

Your provider is more likely to notice it is rooted, but maybe you should try anyway, what's the worst that could happen?
  3. rick311

rick311 Well-Known Member

i ran into this problem (even before rooting) and all you need to do is flash the RUU. or, if you want, just flash your nandroid backup of your original stock home and send it in like that.
  4. kobel1up

kobel1up Well-Known Member

Option 1 if you have insurance, say you lost it or was stolen which ever will get you a replacement. Option 2 the right way is to just unroot, they will never know. Besides rooting has nothing to do with the dead space on the screen.
  5. Felix30010

Felix30010 New Member

All is good! I took it to verizon and they replaced it without a question
  6. wahlspyder

wahlspyder New Member

anybody know if replacing the digitizer will fix dead spot issues?
  7. zerocool79346

zerocool79346 Well-Known Member

Haha that makes 3 of what, tens of thousands?? Sounds like pretty good odds to me. :rolleyes:

OP- go to xda-developers and find the Eris Android Development forum then find the thread called Eris Roll-back or something along those lines, read the instructions and flash the roll-back, it'll take 10 minutes and you'll be at bonestock.
  8. onthink

onthink Member

I had the same thing happen. I just did the factory reset and had no problems returning the phone. Now, the refurbished Eris I received is not as good as my old one. The Speaker is blown and it's slower than S**t. I'm wondering whether to root again or try sending it back for a third Eris.
  9. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

onthink, if the speaker is blown return it for another - rooting isn't going to fix that.
    onthink likes this.