• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Dead spot on touchscreen

johninbigd

Android Enthusiast
Jun 3, 2009
I posted in the troubleshooting section about a bunch of weird things that started happening to my Droid yesterday. I thought about doing a factory reset, but I've discovered that I now have a dead area on the touchscreen on my phone. It covers the Search button and above it for a centimeter or two. So, the Search button doesn't work, the Delete button on the soft keyboard doesn't work, and the Next button doesn't work when going through mail in Touchdown.

That sounds like it's definitely a hardware problem. Should I just go have it replaced tomorrow?

Okay, I got Astro and did a backup. So what will the procedure look like? Will it go like this?

* Get new Droid
* Install old SD card into new Droid
* Install Astro
* Restore apps from backup

Other than setting up Gmail and my Exchange mail (Touchdown), is it pretty much that simple?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones