• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Dead thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll join the bandwagon, Thanks so much guys/gals for your time and effort put into rooting the Eris. We all greatly appreciate it!

Yes, we appreciate it very much..

love0007.gif

Upvote 0
I have to wonder (worry) about what happens if the carrier has to push a "fix" that's unique to their own network and therefore proprietary. People with rooted phones won't get those, their phones may not work properly, and they have no recourse other than going back to the carrier's build. This wouldn't be something that the ROM builder could add in either since VZW or HTC (in our case) does NOT have to release the code.

Upvote 0
I have to wonder (worry) about what happens if the carrier has to push a "fix" that's unique to their own network and therefore proprietary. People with rooted phones won't get those, their phones may not work properly, and they have no recourse other than going back to the carrier's build. This wouldn't be something that the ROM builder could add in either since VZW or HTC (in our case) does NOT have to release the code.

Developers will most likely be working off of the latest HTC released source. They could also incorporate parts of AOSP which would be more up-to-date with bug fixes. Don't worry, with root, bugs have the potential of being fixed a lot sooner then if a carrier was to release a fix.

Upvote 0
Just wanted to share my appreciation to all the devs working on this root!

I cant wait to get rid of footprints, stocks, quickoffice and peep!
Im also excited about bootloader access and overclocking!
I want my eris to be FAST!

I have a question though.
With root access, will it give you the ability to INSTALL and RUN apps to/from the SD card? Instead of taking up valuable phone memory?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones