• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Dead Xperia S

I had exactly the same problem a few days ago.....I went to play with my new toy but alas nothing happened. Tried to speak to the so called technical Help on the sony mobile site....About as much use as a chocolate teapot!!!!:D

Any way aftermuch panicking and trawling the tinterweb for advice....still no joy :eek:

Then I had my eureka moment and remembered back to my Iphone days - (sorry for using the forbidden word!!!!)

I thought what would happen if you hold all buttons down????

After around 6 seconds the phone vibrated:) I then pressed the power button and as if by magic the phone was back up and running with nothing effected:D:D:D (this meant the wife was happy as well!!!!)

I think this is some sort of jump start/ reboot for the phone but since then it has been working fine!!

Try it and let me know

Was just about to hop in the car and take a really long drive to the Shop i got my phone from and start jumping up and down, you just saved me hours of my life and a massive headache!
Thanks!

Upvote 0
I'm facing the same problem where my Xperia S blacked out day b4 y'day and i took the phone to the service centre. they said i dint kw how to turn it on :( and said they will reset the OS. it worked till y'day nite and again it went blank. i tried all the steps ppl have mentioned here and it dint work. some1 plz help me to fix this.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones