• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Deadzones.

rubyiris

Apr 8, 2011
All cricket phones I have had in the past have deadzones in Tucson, AZ. I get 1 bar, or no coverage in ANY of the following buildings:

Walmart
Target
Kmart
Government Buildings (Schools, Social Security Office, DES, etc.)
Certain types of houses. (generally the further east, the worse off.)

Also for those familiar with Tucson, anywhere east of Wilmot RD I get increasingly lower and lower service until around Houghton where I lose the signal entirely, plus anywhere east of there I have no service (Sierra Vista, for example.)

My main concern for keeping my existing service is:

Are my deadzones phone specific? If I buy a LG Optimus C, will I have deadzones in the same place? I am going to be a dorm student for the next year in a current deadzone and if Cricket has problems with this area, and Virgin Mobile doesn't, is it worth keeping the Cricket service for the insurance (only reason I'm even debating this lolz.)

If I'm unable to use my phone in the building, I don't think the phone insurance will be worth only being able to use my phone after 4 PM, but only until 10 PM (curfew.)

Someone please let me know if they have experienced similar problems, and if the LG Optimus C will have the same problems as other cricket phones I have owned.

I live in Pennsville, NJ about 2 blocks from a store that sells Cricket phones, have had the Huawei Ascend for about a year and they're service for 5 years and let me tell u its getting worse. Used to have great service, now I can watch my 3G go in and out without moving and I'm outside! Love my phone and have insurance but I'm seriously considering a carrier switch.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones