Dealing With Couple in Gmail ContactsSupport

Last Updated:

1. opelikamike

opelikamike Member This Topic's Starter

I am converting from a Palm Treo to an incredible in the next week. I am in the process of converting 1,000 contacts in Palm Desktop and importing to Gmail contacts so that they get synced with my phone. I have married couples on my phone as a single entry but obviously the husband will likely have an individual email address and an individual mobile number as will the wife. In either Gmail contacts or the contact app on my phone - how do you distinguish between the husband and wife when it comes to calling an individual. There is no way I've found in Gmail contacts to identify a certain mobile number as the husbands and another as the wifes! I don't have my phone yet but i can find any documentation that tells how to manage that unless you make 2 entries - one individual for the husband and one for the wife! I hate to do that for every couple I have in my add book! Any ideas on the best way to handle this? How would the phone know which number I wanted to dial if there are several mobile phone numbers for each couple?

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

Just go to the "People" app, select the contact, and select which number to call. Or you will just have to separate them (no pun intended)