Dealing with screen sensitivitySupport

Last Updated:

1. leeros

leeros New Member This Topic's Starter

I’m a new user to the Xperia X10 and overall, I am quite happy.

However, I find the screen too sensitive – trying to scroll around the screen tends to open up links. Occasionally this is to be expected, but this happens so frequently that it’s maddening.

This forum is easy to navigate because the hyperlinks are relatively rare. But Facebook? OMG! It’s a nightmare.

Even the “Android Market” shows this problem also. Trying to scroll down within “market” is an iffy proposition because instead of scrolling, it often opens the “buy page” for some application.

I am aware that part of my problem is learning to use the phone. But only part. It is way too easy to open a hyperlink.

Is there a fix for this? Is there a setting on the phone that I have missed? Is there an application to fix this?
    (BTW, I’m fairly happy with the keyboard right now – that’s NOT the problem I’m describing.)

I would like to see an option (or application) that would require a double click before opening a hyperlink.
    Or a safe area on two sides of the screen that can be touched without activating a link.

Thanks for your help.

P.S. Before posting I searched this forum. If I missed an earlier discussion of this topic, please direct me to it.

Advertisement
  2. sublow

sublow Well-Known Member

I think you just need to get used to it mate if it's the first touch screen device you've used?

I find if you keep your finger on the screen when moving around it works quite well but I do the occasional click.

If you think your phone might be over sensitive try and find someone/somewhere with another one for you to try. Maybe a shop or friend.

3. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

I saw threads on some time ago saying that because it has a pre-installed screen protector that having an extra one that you put on makes the screen less responsive, they were obviously coming from the other end of the spectrum to you but it might help until you get used to the screen.

I do occasionally open up things that I don't want when I am swiping around the screen but I actually have a very un-capacitive index finger (had the same problem on the Iphone and both X10 / X8) but if I switch to my middle finger it all goes well again! But then maybe I am just a little bit odd ;)

4. leeros

leeros New Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the suggestions.

I've made friends with the sensitivity issue, and for new users who might be having the same problem I'll make this suggestion.

Touch the phone on the plastic OUTSIDE the screen, then slide your finger onto the screen. This works very well.

AN Droid likes this.
  5. AN Droid

AN Droid New Member

Brilliant suggestion! I've been pulling my hair out trying to scroll through FB and email without inadvertently opening links and/or objects.
    This technique works like a charm!