Deals

Last Updated:

1. codyrapol

codyrapol Member This Topic's Starter

Are there any good deal on it right now? I am looking to get one in about a week. It"s $150 at Wal*mart.

Advertisement
  2. james27007

james27007 Look into my Eye VIP Member

Welcome to AndroidForums.com

The best I could find was $149 at best buy (same thing as walmart, but I like best buy's return policy better)

3. sremick

sremick Well-Known Member

Do you currently have service with AT&T, or are you a new customer? The best deals are for new customers. $50 from Amazon right now.

4. johnhazelwood

johnhazelwood Member

Costco. Same price $150, but includes a car charger and case, plus you are charged tax on $300ish rather than $500ish.

5. PopBot

PopBot New Member

I have a question about that amazon deal, and I suppose how the cell phones work in general:

If you start a new individual plan, it is $50. If you add a new line to a existing family plan, it is $100. If you upgrade (and you are on an existing family plan) it is $150. Is it possible for me to add a line on the family plan (that I am already on), get the phone for $100, and then switch the sim cards with another phone so I get the $100 price instead of the $150?

I am adding someone to my family plan soon anyways, but I want the phone and they don't care what phone they get. I just want to make sure it is as easy as switching the sim card. The other phone that would get the new sim card out of the Captivate is an iPhone (not mine).

6. getDange

getDange Well-Known Member

Yes, just swap the SIM cards. But be aware that that person that the new line is supposed to be for will be getting his phone at upgrade price, not "add new line" price that YOU are getting.
    This will work if that iPhone where you want to put your SIM card is already in your possession and you are not buying it.

PopBot likes this.
  7. PopBot

PopBot New Member

Thanks getDange, yes we already have the iphone (an old 3G model) laying around so we won't be buying a new one. Just what I wanted to hear!

8. getDange

getDange Well-Known Member

Actually wait. I am not sure now, I forgot one important thing - the AT&T net plans are specific to iPhone and Android. I think you will have to call up ATT and have them flip net plan options on the sim cards.
    Has anyone had experience swapping SIMs between Androids and iPhones?

9. PopBot

PopBot New Member

I don't have a grandfathered unlimited plan, just a generic 200MB data plan on the iphone. I looked around a little more and it should be ok. I guess I will find out...

10. johnhazelwood

johnhazelwood Member

You will have to change your plan. They have specific iPhone plans for data and text...very stupid and annoying, but true nonetheless.