Dear AT&T and Apple

Last Updated:

1. michaelkahl

michaelkahl Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

10 months ago I left Verizon for the promise and hope of a blissful iPhone experience. Over the last 10 months I have learned that AT&T is a liar and Apple is an extremely limiting and controlling company. After Jailbreaking my iPhone and setting it free I started to see the potential it had with apps like Backgrounder and Winterboard. I owe many thanks to the wonderful community known simply as "the Dev Team."
    All things come to an end and our journery together has as well. I'm tired of the dropped calls, false promise of 3g, fear of losing my jailbreak/unlock capabilities, and paying more for a phone whose coverage sucks worse than my wifes EnV Touch. A phone is truly only as good as it's network and AT&T has pulled Apple down.
    I'm moving on to Android, an open platform that is full of potential without rooting the device. I know that Verizon has had it's knocks for restrictive policies and high pricing but at the end of the day their coverage and 3g work. The coming of unhindered Android handsets gives hope of a promising future, one in which phones are paired with great network coverage and handsets capable of taking advantage of it.
    I will miss my iPhone, iTunes syncing, and slick media capabilities. However, I will not miss the crappy network, being the odd man out while my friends/family are on Verizon, slow EDGE speeds, or the introduction of XX year old technologies as something new (cut/paste and MMS). Most of all I look forward to being back on Big Red's network and getting coverage out in the middle of nowhere when we visit family members out in the sticks.
    Goodbye iPhone, screw you AT&T, welcome Droid and Verizon :)

Advertisement
  2. TogaLive

TogaLive Well-Known Member

Ahhh, its a thing of beauty! :)

3. michaelkahl

LOL, it'll be nice to be on a proper network again :D

4. Matthew

Matthew Well-Known Member

Nice post :), I'm don't know what I am more excited about, the phone or the fact that I will get service with my phone...

5. michaelkahl

That's a nice feeling!

6. s-one

s-one Well-Known Member

Very good post! And here I am deliberating on buying a droid for me and an iphone for my wife. Reading this makes me think she should droid-it. :D

7. Forsakenfire

Forsakenfire Member

I knew 10 years of crappy phones with verizon was worth the wait for good ones to finally come. I hope they make many more droid phones in the future.

8. michaelkahl

Droid-it...my wife and I did the AT&T / Verizon split for those 10 months. We spent $192 a month on our phone bill. I had 900 minutes with 200 text on AT&T and she has a 900 minute premiere plan on Verizon with a feature phone.
    She's losing the data she never used as we move to a 1400 minute basic plan, 250 text each, and my data plan. Should come in around $140 then I get my corporate discount! We'll save around $50.00 a month. Of course if she had a smartphone we'd only save about $20.00 a month.