• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Death of a Droid

My droid could not stand falling out of my hand at 55 miles an hour, it broke its back, lost its skin & battery, thank heavens I had insurrance on it after eight trips to the verizon store I finaly told them at Verizon I did not want this phone anymore as it kept heating up it would burn your ear ,Eight times they kept telling me something different , three times I was told to click on the spam killer as two many programs were running, I had them deactivate the droid & activate my old moto at 12:00 noon , they told me go home get the box as they needed the box for me to get another phone,when I got back,they said they cannot give me another phone, they would not take the droid back & they knew that day May 5,2010 was the last day to return that phone by 8:00pm,I than cancelled my moto. Verizon than:thinking: sent me a bill for $450 for cancelling the phone that they deactivated at noon that day,looking for my day in court,now trying to get this cliq working,this is the firstphone I've had that you can not put contacts in! waiting for my day in court!

Wow.... I don't really understand why u are upset.. u signed a contract for how ever amount of time and you knew they had an early termination fee.. if u truly were within the 30 days then you shouldn't have had nothing to worry about, but it sounds like you had one Droid then got another one.. you don't have a 30 day worry free on replacement phones.. eh case dismissed and you will be out even more money. Just pony up the dough and consider it a lesson learned and move on.. but on another note.. Welcome to the Android Forums

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones