• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Debian_V4 Supports ARMv6 and hence A70 !

Lks Lks

Nov 16, 2011
Mumbai
i have already asked about Ubuntu and Debian will work on our device but no one replied me.:p
just trying some thing new i found debian installed successfully in a70 and working like mini PC...:D

EDITED:-
Quick and Easy to install.... Ubuntu or Debian..

Linux Deploy

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...deploy&feature=nav_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDNd

Read The Description In Play store

VNC IP ADDRESS: 127.0.0.1
Port: 5900
default password is
" changeme "

These are some usefull CMD lines to run on Terminal...
for root type: sudo -s
for install type {installing via internet}: apt-get install iceweasel
for uninstall type: apt-get remove iceweasel
for removing useless files type: apt-get autoremove
for installing .deb file (Debian support .deb format) place it in root of DesKtop folder:
~mnt/home/(USERNAME)/Desktop now open terminal and type sudo -s for root than type cd /home/user/Desktop (PRESS ENTER) to install .deb file type dpkg -i {here name of .deb for eg... ''iceweasel.deb''} press enter, you will see the progress of installing..
for update type: apt-get update
iceweasel is a firefox browser
[FONT=&quot]Multimedia in web browser[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]By: craigevil [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]First make sure your browser is updated. The current version of Iceweasel is 15.0.1. You can install it either from the mozilla.debian.net repo if you run Squeeze/Stable or from Experimental if you are running Wheezy/testing or sid.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Flash Player - Debian Wiki - http://wiki.debian.org/FlashPlayer[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]For flash either install flashplugin-nonfree from the normal Debian repos or flashplayer-mozilla from deb-multimedia.org repo.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Remove gnash if you have it installed.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Code: Select all apt-get purge gnash[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Java - Debian Wiki - http://wiki.debian.org/Java[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]For Java I suggest Openjdk which works well:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Code: Select all Cmd (apt-get install openjdk-6-jre)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]and the browser plugin, on Debian Stable you want icedtea6-plugin[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]on Wheezy/Testing and unstable/sid you want icedtea-6-plugin[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]For other browser plugins install one of the following:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Cmd (gecko-mediaplayer) - Multimedia plug-in for Gecko browsers[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Cmd (browser-plugin-vlc) - multimedia plugin for web browsers based on VLC[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Cmd (totem-mozilla) - Totem Mozilla plugin[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Cmd (xine-plugin )- xine-based media player plugin for Mozilla browsers[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]You also need the app that the plugin uses, in most cases installing the plugin will also install the app.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Other plugins:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Cmd (mozplugger) - Plugin allowing external viewers to be launched inside Mozilla[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Cmd (mozilla-acroread )- Adobe Acrobat(R) Reader plugin for mozilla / konqueror[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Cmd (konq-plugins) - plugins for Konqueror, the KDE file/web/document browser[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Cmd (konqueror-nsplugins) - Netscape plugin support for Konqueror[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Cmd (kpartsplugin) – Netscape-compatible plugin to embed KDE file-viewers into browser[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Various keyrings which are only needed if you use that repo/architecture:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]deb-multimedia-keyring - GnuPG archive key of the deb-multimedia repository[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]pkg-mozilla-archive-keyring - GnuPG archive keys for the Debian Mozilla team package repository[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]debian-archive-keyring - GnuPG archive keys of the Debian archive[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]debian-edu-archive-keyring - GnuPG archive keys of the Debian Edu archive[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]debian-keyring - GnuPG keys of Debian Developers[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]debian-ports-archive-keyring - GnuPG archive keys of the debian-ports archive[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]emdebian-archive-keyring - GnuPG archive keys for the emdebian repository[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]For various ways to install Oracle Java see:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Howto install Oracle Java on Debian[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/blog/craigevil-176422/howto-install-oracle-java-on-debian-34567/[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]MultimediaCodecs - Debian Wiki - http://wiki.debian.org/MultimediaCodecs?action=show&redirect=DebianMultimedia%2FMultimediaCodecs[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I would suggest closing your browser then before restarting it, delete the pluginreg.dat[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]and mimeTypes.rdf in your Iceweasel/Firefox profile located in .mozilla. Please note that this will reset your plugin and application settings in Iceweasel/Firefox.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The above will allow your browser to play pretty much any online media. Other than a few of the sites that use proprietary media players like some of the news sites, I can't remember the last time I ran into anything online I couldn't play in Firefox.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686; rv:15.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/15.0.1[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Plugins[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] DivX Browser Plug-In[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Java(TM) Plug-in 1.7.0_07[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] KParts Plugin[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] mplayerplug-in is now gecko-mediaplayer 1.0.6[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] QuickTime Plug-in 7.6.9[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] RealPlayer 9[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Shockwave Flash[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Windows Media Player Plug-in[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Note that the above plugins are provided by only 4 packages:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Flashplayer-mozilla, gecko-media player, Oracle Java 7 , and since I run KDE the kpartsplugin[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Feel free to use whichever package manager you prefer to install the packages you need/want.[/FONT]

Complete Linux Installer

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...SwiY29tLnpwd2Vic2l0ZXMubGludXhvbmFuZHJvaWQiXQ..

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1585009

VNC IP ADDRESS: 127.0.0.1
Port: 5900
default user name,password in debian is "debian"
in ubuntu is "ubuntu"

Here is some screenshot..
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• shot_000003.png
    shot_000003.png
    30.1 KB · Views: 238
  • shot_000002.png
    shot_000002.png
    17.5 KB · Views: 221
  • shot_000005.png
    shot_000005.png
    25.6 KB · Views: 217
  • shot_000004.png
    shot_000004.png
    42.8 KB · Views: 235
still needed some changes in bootscript.sh cause it work fine like PC but cant able to mount getting error in etc/fstab after setting in Linux configuration. there is some thing missing in fstab script. becoz of that we cant gain root permissions...even net browser Mozilla Firefox showing (failed to execute default web browser input/output error)

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
i will keep on updating here if i found any command lines for debian or ubuntu you can PM me usefull cmd lines will update here..

EDITED: internet, video, inbuilt terminal including all softwares working perfectly. not working adobeflashplayer for youtube so no more updates for cmd lines read first post and you get all usefull command lines type on debian terminal...:)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones