Debrand but not root

Last Updated: 2011-01-07 22:59:56
  1. moe3754

moe3754 Well-Known Member

I see all of this rooting help but all I am looking for is a way to debrand, I am considering one of these phones but I want to be able to debrand it like I did with my Telus Desire. I used the Gold Card with my Desire and the guide that was done by Teppic on the Desire forum, was wondering if there was any person on here that would know if it would work the same with the Z??? Also will the Gold Card that was made for my Desire work in the Z or will I need a new one, I do not know if it is phone specific or not!!!

I am not interested in rooting I only want to debrand, I had my fill of rooting when I had my Nexus one and decided it was not for me!!!

Thank you to all that can help me out!!!:D

One last question the Desire was also known as the Bravo, is there another name for the Z because on Shipped Roms there is no Desire Z?? I know that the Desire HD is alo called the ACE so I would think that the Z would have a second name!!!

Advertisement
  2. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

First a disclaimer: I haven't tried this myself (I've gone down the full root/S-OFF/custom ROM route) but I think this procedure will work so long as the ROM you flash is a more recent version than your current one. This does away with the need for Part 3 (which appears to require root access). You will definitely need to create a new GoldCard for the new device.

Btw, the Desire Z/G2 "family name" is the HTC Vision.
    moe3754 likes this.