Debranding from Orange ProblemsSupport

Last Updated:

1. tgcparker

tgcparker New Member This Topic's Starter

Apologies for the creation of a new and probably unnecessary post..

Basically I tried to debrand my desire today (I'm on Orange, sick of the obvious..). Everything initially seemed to go fine, using version 1.15.405.3, but when I tried to use wifi to do the downloads, I had trouble. It doesn't seem to be the normal trouble however, the connection comes up and everything, but when I try to connect it just says 'remembered' and never connects me. Alongside this, my SIM no longer works on this version, so I can't download an update through that.

I decided to update to version 2.10.405.2, no luck here, keep getting error 170. any help on getting this updated, fixing the wifi or updating to 2.10.405.2 would be greatly appreciated!

Advertisement
  2. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

I have read about something like this here. I don't know the answer myself. If you do a search in this main desire forum, you should come up with something. Otherwise someone who knows the answer will be along shortly

tgcparker likes this.
  3. tgcparker

tgcparker New Member This Topic's Starter

Quick update, I've actually managed to solve the problems in my above post.. I'm now on 2.2 but having a few other issues

1. Having trouble with my network (Orange) - won't let me connect to the internet through the network, send texts (or receive them from certain people) or receive calls. I can make calls however!

2. Every time I turn off the phone it takes it back to the settings it had when I first installed 2.2 - i.e. basically factory settings..

any help with this? I'm going to call Orange later if I can't get it resolved!

4. Kart94

Kart94 New Member

hey, i have a black htc desire on orange contract with unlimited internet, i really want to debrand but that would remove the orange internet app. will that remove my unlimited internet?

any help will be greatly appreciated

Martin

5. barefootpilot

barefootpilot Well-Known Member

In a word, no. De-branding just removes the Orange installed Apps on your phone. The details of your internet/call package are not related to this.

Kart94 likes this.
  6. Kart94

Kart94 New Member

thankyou so much, just wondering is there any alternative internet applications you could recommend, thankyou again.