Debranding

Last Updated:

1. galaxylite

galaxylite Member This Topic's Starter

Hi does anyone know where i can get the software to debrand it for free:) please someone help would really be helping:D

Advertisement
  2. rainor94

rainor94 Well-Known Member

You install a non-official firmware and you won't have any crap from your provider.

3. erixon

erixon Well-Known Member

does anyone have like a generic North American firmware release out there.... I just bought this phone for my mom, updated the FW to 2.1 last night but it was an official branded release. I unlocked the phone, and she is with a different carrier, so I don't want the gay Rogers screens and apps in the thing when I give it to her. I was searching around a bit, but info on flashing this phone is scattered about, and most of it isn't very current.

4. taurean_marcus

taurean_marcus New Member

You could install one of the firmware's released by the samdroid forum which changes the boot animation/screen. Try finding a a bootscreen changer which should solve the problem.

5. erixon

erixon Well-Known Member

I have to root the phone for this to work, correct? Never rooted before, just flashed my X10 with generic software.

6. rainor94

rainor94 Well-Known Member

You don't need to root the phone. Go to http://www.samfirmware.com you should find everything you need there. The newest firmware available is I570EXXJH6. Also make sure you follow the steps listed there and know what you are doing.
    http://samdroid.net/ is also a great site if you have questions or want to try experimental operating systems for the phone.

7. erixon

erixon Well-Known Member

That is listed as European firmware, will that work okay with a I5700 from Rogers?

8. erixon

erixon Well-Known Member

Is I570EXXJH6 an official release or a custom FW? I kinda want a generic official release to take off all the rogers crap.