• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help debugging doesnt work

zamunati

Lurker
Jan 13, 2015
I have read through posts and not found my specific issue. my original problem was that USB debugging was not working. I use pdanet to tether to my computer via USB. Everything was working fine until it wasn't... The debugging stopped working so I restarted my computer because I thought the usb on my computer was messed up, it's not. So then I tried using a different cord, not the issue. When I plug the usb cord into the computer and into my phone it charges my phone but it doesn't recognize my phone so I cannot connect to transfer files or to tether via pdanet. So after being frustrated for an hour and finding those solutions I did a hard reset on my phone. This was a nightmare. After that I was no longer able to download anything from the app from the Play Store. It kept saying there was a server error so I called MetroPCS we did 45 minutes of troubleshooting and found no solutions so they instructed me to call Google Play support which I did and now I'm able to download stuff from the Play Store which is great because I lost everything when I did a hard reset... So now I've reinstalled everything everything is brand new on my phone but the same problem is happening the USB debugging isn't working. It's not great out and I can check the box and uncheck the box as many times as I wanted to but it doesn't do any good. I am pretty sure my phone is rooted it was written before the hard reset and I did again after the hard reset via the instructions I found here which I believe is the towel route parentheses delete

Attachments

• 2015-01-13-23-00-21.jpg
    2015-01-13-23-00-21.jpg
    218.8 KB · Views: 56

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones