• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Decent call with Samsung C/S today....

masbirdies

Nov 4, 2009
Decided to call and register a couple of my phone's common issues with Samsung. The tech support person was actually very knowledgeable and helpful. She and her husband both have Moments so she said she had a particular interest in getting some of the issues resolved. She didn't try any fixes but said with the recent influx of calls concerning Battery Meter/Life issues, a fix could be coming out before a software update.

She did say she knew for sure 2.0 or probably 2.1 was coming and she didn't know when. She said "trust me, I am as interested in this upgrade as you and check whenever I can" All she could confirm was that the upgrade is in the works, prolly be 2.1, and they feel many of the issues we have today will improve with the Android upgrade.

Compared to my call with Sprint's tech support, this was a very good expereince.

if she said for sure that 2.0/2.1, and they are working on it, then why don't they announce it officially? i know this would assure everyone who has a moment or is planning on purchasing one. seems logical? sounds like this particular c/s rep just said what you wanted to hear. i don't trust c/s reps. thanks for your input tho.

Upvote 0
if she said for sure that 2.0/2.1, and they are working on it, then why don't they announce it officially? i know this would assure everyone who has a moment or is planning on purchasing one. seems logical? Sound like this particular c/s rep just said what you wanted to hear. i don't trust c/s reps. thanks for your input tho.

None of these guys make official announcements like this anymore. If they give an official "we're working on it" for one device, the users of every other similar device by the mfg will clamor for the same announcement. If they leave anyone out, those users will begin plastering the net with "this company sucks and I'll never buy from them again". If they announce a release date and miss it? Same complaint storm. If they generalize on a release Month? Miss the first day of that month and...s storm. The same holds for a quarter. Ideally, they would announce a date and release on that date and there would be dancing in the streets. But last I checked, we don't live in an ideal world. The only time you're going to hear anything concrete is when the thing is almost ready for release. As for if we're gong to get 2.x? We have every bit as much assurance as HTC has given, which is to say a whole lot of innuendo and flat out guesses. I'm firmly convinced that we will get a 2.x variant eventually, because it makes sense for Samsung/Sprint to make it happen.

Buy the device for the OS it has now, not what may happen in the future.

Upvote 0
The CS rep isn't gaining anything by lying though. Other than to make you feel warm and fuzzy and get off the phone sooner. Companies don't announce things for all kinds of stupid business reasons. If they announce it and then decide to kill the plans because sales dropped, they'd have to issue a statement saying they're no longer going to release an update. If companies would just stop worrying about making money and just satisfy their customers, the world would be such a better place :D

Upvote 0
yeah, well not everyone that works for a company is sinister in nature. Actually, she did not try to rush the call at all. In fact, I showed her how to get into test mode and show her the difference in battery readings from test mode to o/s. In doing that, she asked me a bunch of other questions like....my phone does this (she is a Moment owner) does yours....etc....

She didn't know when 2.0 or 2.1 would be released. She told me all she could say is 2010. She did know for sure that it was 2.0 or 2.1 depending on the release date.

She did say there might be a fix come out before an o/s upgrade. They are determining if 2.x solves problems or the problems are still there regardless.

Upvote 0
I just got off the phone and gave them some of my complaints plus a few user interface improvement ideas. The guy I spoke to flat out said he didn't when, what version, or anything about which bugs they're fixing. He just said the programmers are taking all the complaints seriously and are working on as much as they can.

Upvote 0
We can all hope and pray, lol. I think for the time being, 1.5 is aiight for this phone. Yes, it has problems, but that's what makes it fun for people like me (and several others here aswell). I'm all for learning about my phone, trying new things, and most importantly of all (if not the only reason =P), tinkering with it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones