• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Decent extended battery?

I would say yes it does double the size of the phone but it is still manageable to hold. So kind of a funny story and unfortunate accident. Because the case was so slippery I dropped my phone and lost the extended sized case... But prior to that I was able to note the battery usage, just not to its full extent.

*Brightness was always set to Auto for both browser and homescreen

9:30AM - Off the charger. Dropped to 99% almost immediately
11:32AM - 89% WIFI with PowerAmp music listening, texting.
1:35pm - 81% 4G with PowerAmp music and light browsing.
2:15pm - 71% - 4G, in browser streamed a tv show for 12 minutes and PowerAmp music
5:11pm - 52% 4G/3G Heavy browsing and Music
Sometime later... phone dropped, lost case and just used my original standard battery.

That's a total of about 7.5 hrs of moderate usage and i had 52% left. I would say the extended battery appeared to give me great results. I really despise that glossy smooth back case though...

Also... I received this battery case from Ebay
3200mAh Backup Battery Power Case And would NOT RECOMMEND it. The kickstand is extremely flimsy. The phone wobbles when inserted in the case... and most importantly, the case will not even charge my phone. I'm not against this particular seller, just this particular case.

Ironic, since I was going to post last night a joke that with a slick back and heavier device, it will be a slip magnet. Sorry I did not post it, since you might have been more firm with the grip.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
That 'same size' Mugen brand battery 's not really an extended life Battery. The battery is 2300mah vs the stock 2100mah. So about 10% longer life. Well, I guess technically it is larger - but now what people are usually looking for in an extended battery.

The Qcell battery (which is larger than stock) is a 4000mah battery, so almost twice as much power vs stock.

Upvote 0
Hi,
On the 4200 Hyperion with NFC. I'm an average user I guess.
I get 2 days with a little(20%) left over on second day usually.
Phone back cover fits fine, no problems with that at all.
The phone case is just OK, not a real quality item but it works.
I had an Otterbox on when I had regular battery in. The otterbox
was definitely a better, stronger case protector.
As far as cases, there are very little to choose from for the extended
battery phones. So it's either this case or no case, right!!!

Upvote 0
I just received a Qcell extended battery (4200mah) on Friday and it works great so far. Very noticeable increase in battery life over the stock battery. The back cover that comes with it fits pretty well too.

I also got the Hyperion TPU case. It fits nicely, except the USB plug doesn't fit flush against the phone.... but I'll probably modify the case a bit for that.

Upvote 0
I bought the Qcell battery and it was a dud. It took forever to charge and then wouldn't hold the charge. I got a refund and went with the Anker and it's been great so far.

I am using the Qcell cover and TPU case with my Anker battery though. There aren't any cases that fit the blue Anker battery cover so keep that in mind when choosing.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones