Decent IM

Last Updated:

1. Dazza

Dazza Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Does anyone know of a good instant messaging service that will work on both a HTC Desire and a Blackberry? This week I finally upgraded from a BB 8900 to a Desire. My girlfriend still has a BB though and while we used to use BB's IM which was great, that obviously isn't an option now. Any suggestions?
    D

Advertisement
  2. furious duck

furious duck Well-Known Member

eBuddy?

3. PureLoneWolf

PureLoneWolf Well-Known Member

4. Casual Pete

Casual Pete Well-Known Member

5. Cougar

Cougar Well-Known Member

Think I'd be tempted to change the Blackberry end to use a messenger service that's a little less proprietary.

I've got Trillian on my Blackberry and it connects to MSN / ICQ / AOL / Gmail / everything else. There's about a thousand IM apps on Android that connect to some / all of these services.

(There may well be other options on the Blackberry too; I only used Trillian cos I've used it on the PC since the late Jurassic.)

6. tricksy_rabbit

tricksy_rabbit Active Member

I have tried WhatsApp and KiK messenger (between a blackberry and a desire) and found KiK to be faster and more reliable, at least as far as my own anecdotal evidence is concerned. Both act like BBM in that they tell you when a message has been recieved, and when it has been read, but WhatsApp is only free for a trial period on the blackberry, and KiK is free.