• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Decisions decisions!

I have been with Sprint for several years now. I currently have the BB Curve 8330.

Next month, I am eligible for a full upgrade. I am torn between the Hero and Moment. At first, I was set on the Moment as I'm totally used to a physical keyboard. Then the more I read on what is NOT available on the Moment compared to the Hero, I started to have second thoughts and was thinking more about the HTC Pro 2.
I've done several comparisons between both phones on the interent from the site of stores who offer both and from the sprint site. Needless to say, one site states the Moment does have the download ringtones, another site states no it does not. I have read you cannot customize ringtones nor does it have visual vm.

Yesterday, I went to 2 Sprint stores to check out the Moment, neither had one. A sales rep shared her personal Hero with me and everything she can do with it. I played a little with the demo Hero and at first I did not like the virtual keyboard, as I am used to using my nails on the current BB keyboard. The sales rep told me to calabrate the phone specifically to my touch and once i turned it to landscape, I had no problem typing. I also loved the trackball! Needless to say, I was sold on the Hero until ...................................

I came home and started my research on the internet on the Hero and today I ended up here. According to former Hero owners they now prefer the Moment. And the issue with the dust collecting under the Hero screen has now made me leary also.

A few ?'s about the Moment.

Can ringtones be downloaded and customized?

Does it have visual VM

General ?

I have read posts and such in regards to rooting.

What is this and is it something required on both phones?

Thanks in advance for the help! :)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones