Declining calls accidently....nightmare!

Last Updated:

1. probe

probe New Member This Topic's Starter

So after nearly 2 wks with my desire I've got a problem and want to know if anyone else has the same issue?
    I use my phone for business so calls are important, but whilst a customer is trying to ring me, as i reach into my pocket to pull the phone out or go to pull it out of my desire case on my belt i end up rejecting the call. The prob seems to be that as a call comes in the screen gives you the option to answer the call by sliding your finger down or to reject the call by sliding it up. This is a nightmare especially when the customer has witheld the number.
    After nearly an hour with both an orange call assistant and a technician from HTC, they seem to be saying that its the way i am picking the phone up, their advice is to get it out of my pocket without touching either the front or back of the phone, just to handle it at the sides(not a simple task when your sat down and your phone is in your front pocket of your jeans) The other tip was to remember to put the phone back in your pocket with the screen facing outward......funny i don't seem to recall seeing that in the instructions????:rolleyes: never had this prob with the LG VIEWTY, HTC TOUCH OR IPHONE.
    So my question is is anybody else having this prob or do you think that I've got a fault on my phone?:(

Advertisement
  2. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

Touching the power button, also rejects calls.

gr8lats likes this.
  3. gibbs1984

gibbs1984 Well-Known Member

Touching the volume rocker puts the ringer on mute but the call is still going through, you 100% that you've disconnected them?

I say that because I have no problem pulling the phone out of my pocket (tight work trousers) and touch the screen, doesn't the screen only respond to human touch so sliding the front against the jeans or trousers shouldn't make a difference.

4. rasobey

rasobey Well-Known Member

I pulled the screen down and my call was rejected. Shrug.

5. probe

probe New Member This Topic's Starter

110% sure that I've declined the calls because a minute later i get the voicemail kicking in with upset customers saying please contact them, plus call history shows missed calls.
    Getting the phone out of my pocket is declining the calls not because its touching the jeans its my fingers as i try to pull it out, same when its in its case on my belt.
    Thanks for the response though:)

6. bonerp

bonerp Well-Known Member

Yes I've done this a few times too. These touch screen UI's aren't failsafe when answering calls unfortunately. I'd like to see a double tap application or something like this to ensure you cannot open the phone accidentally and then reject the call.
    Any offers to develop this from anyone :)

7. oldnick

oldnick Well-Known Member

I've had the same issue. In my case I seem to hit the power (call reject) button as I get the phone from the case. Trying a different arrangement on my case to see if that helps.

8. Markg

Markg Well-Known Member

I tend to put mine in my left pocket upside-down with the screen facing my leg. Then you can slide your hand down the back of the phone to take it out. That way you don't reject the call if it's ringing and if it's not then your index finger is close to the power button to turn the screen on.

It might be nice of the unlock swipe was left to right bit there's probably a patent on that!

9. Markg

Markg Well-Known Member

Double post sorry!

10. Unfriendly

Unfriendly Active Member