Default Android lockscreenGeneral

Last Updated:

1. pjsockett

pjsockett Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I absolutely hate the sense lock screen. The downward swipe unlocks way to easily. If I don't have a pattern lock enabled my pocket sends all kind of crazy messages and phone calls. I dislike the pattern lock because I basically have to unlock my phone twice every time I want to use it. Is there a way to load the default android lock screen as it appears on the Driod or Nexus 1? The sideways swipe seems much more secure to me.

I have tried other apps like lock 2.0 but then you lose the slide to answer and my pocket answers for me before I know I have a call.

Advertisement
  2. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

The only other app that I can think of would be Lockbot. Other than that, there really isn't a way to get rid of the Sense lock screen.

pjsockett likes this.
  3. finnaginagain

finnaginagain Well-Known Member

can anyone send screenshots of lockbot i was also wondering this. or at least try to explain what it looks like

4. soulfetcher13

soulfetcher13 Well-Known Member

But if you have to unlock it twice, won't that take care of the problem or your pocket being impetuous and answering your phone for you. I have pattern lock enabled and have never had this problem.

5. Heaterz16

Heaterz16 Well-Known Member

I don't know how to do a screen shot, but I downloaded Lockbot Pro and I really like it a lot! I have had no problems on the Htc Hero. Here is a link with two screenshots I found - or you can search this forum on the htc hero page where plenty of members have uploaded pics with different lockscreens they use on Lockbot.

Screenshot of LockBot Pro

6. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

Lockbot is totally pimp, it gave me a bunch of fc's the last few days though, uninstalled for a bit. Worked flawless for a good few weeks though...

7. thetomlin2

thetomlin2 Guest

I havent tried this app, but many of the comments are negative and mention that it drains the battery. Have you had any battery problems with it?

8. BigDaddyFromCincinnati

BigDaddyFromCincinnati Well-Known Member

Locbot worked great for me as far as locking the screen with a 4 digit code. As far as calls are concerned, I still have problems with "pocket answering" phone calls while it is in my pants pocket. When the phone rings the screen displays the android guy and 2 buttons "Accept" "Decline". I wish I could find an app that requires you to swipe left to right or a 4 digit code to answer calls. Anyone know of such a thing?

9. pjsockett

It does solve the problem of pock dialing but when I actually want to use the phone it's annoying to have to do it twice.

10. Heaterz16

Heaterz16 Well-Known Member

I was worried about all the bad comments on it as well, and I specifically watched the battery for the first week and noticed no more battery usage. One time my lockscreen stopped working and I just rebooted and it came right back.

11. davros

davros Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

lockbot pro ... Flan with a custom lack of background ... its skinable and ROCKS !!!

12. pjsockett

Trying the free version now. So far it seems like exactly what I was looking for. Thanks.

13. BigDaddyFromCincinnati

BigDaddyFromCincinnati Well-Known Member

It doesn't look like that when you receive a call though davros.
    That is what I would like.

14. aleis

aleis Well-Known Member

why does lockbot not work for me :(
    so FRUSTATIING!
    i get FC constantly and it just does a number on my baby (eris).

15. davros

davros Well-Known Member

ya thats true phone calls trump everything. luckly no one calls me :D

16. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member

I love lock 2.0. It has a LOST skin :D I text more than I call and I love that you can slide the notification bar down to reply to text without unlocking the phone. I have accidentally hung up on a few people trying to get it out of my pocket, but nothing is perfect.

17. thetomlin2

thetomlin2 Guest

I gave Lockbot Pro a shot ... so far its kinda cool. I will play with it somemore tonight before deciding to keep it or not.

18. karib

karib Well-Known Member

This looks the same as the moto droid unlock screen (I had it before the eris). I wonder if it will be part of the upgrade to 2.1...

19. ChiTownJim

ChiTownJim Well-Known Member

Nope the 2.1 upgrade will still have the same lock screen, which was very disapointing.. There are a couple videos floating around with 2.1 on a Eris (from testers) and they all still have the same lock screen

20. GrdLock

GrdLock Well-Known Member

I wish HTC would change the 2.1 lock screen, even though they obviously didn't.

I've used Lock 2.0 and Lockbot, and I like them, but they're just too laggy IMO.

21. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

Yeah is 2.1 is rocking the same lock screen...well...that is booty.

22. ChiTownJim

ChiTownJim Well-Known Member

My biggest problem si that you lose the media control from the lock screen which I use regular while at the gym I can just pull it out and hit the next song with out having to unlock and then relock my screen

23. alexv

alexv Active Member

i downloaded pandahome and then through that i downloaded their iphone mock lock screen. its been good to me for the past day - absolutely no butt dials becuase you have to swipe it to the side to unlock. not terribly laggy, the only downside is that it locks when you use the phone on calls.

24. refthemc

refthemc Well-Known Member

I agree

25. hogjowlz

hogjowlz Active Member

i dont see the problem with the htc lock screen. being capacative how does it unlock in your pocket? my phone is always in my pocket unless its on the charger and i have never accidentally unlocked it. sure it would be awesome if i could skin it but im a functionality > form kind of guy.

also the music player controls on the lock screen are pretty awesome imho.