Default applications...help!Support

Last Updated:

1. sboggus

sboggus Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok, I keep thinking this must be a newbie problem, but when you install an application from the market that is better than the native application, how do you make it the default and not have the native application run.

For example, I prefer Handcent SMS for text messaging. I specified it as the default, but whenever I receive a text message, I get from both the default messaging app AND Handcent. It is annoying receiving it twice. Many apps are like that where it prompts me which app to use even though I specified as default. Am I just stupid or is this just the way it is. Sprint knows NOTHING about the Moment and has been no help whatsoever!

Help please???

Advertisement
  2. GMANLIVE

GMANLIVE Active Member

I am having this same problem on my Droid.

3. prot0type

prot0type Member

Sometimes you may have to disable some features in the native application, such as notifications in Messaging.

4. GMANLIVE

GMANLIVE Active Member

How?

5. acp

acp Well-Known Member

I kept Handcent SMS too...

I just went into the default messaging app's main screen: settings > notifications and turned off the notifications.

6. Edaze55

Edaze55 Well-Known Member

Best thing for both of you would be to go into your default text message app and hit Menu > Settings > Notifications. Uncheck that and you shouldnt get double notifcatins anymore.

7. prot0type

prot0type Member

Just open the app > Menu > Settings

From there you can disable the native messaging application's notification and only receive Handcent's, provided that has been enabled within Handcent's settings of course.

8. sboggus

sboggus Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

That only turns off the notification in the status bar. The actual text message pop up still comes through messaging as well as the pop up for Handcent unless i am doing something wrong...:confused:

9. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Well-Known Member

The Android platform is so new that things like this will need to be brought up to the developers so they fix it in future releases.

10. RazrVin

RazrVin Member

Does anyone know how to clear the defaults for the stock messaging app? I accidentally selected to use the stock messaging app as default instead of chompSMS, and now I can't clear it.. Help?

11. ocxersMe

ocxersMe Well-Known Member

me too, can someone help us?:confused:

12. nofearlost

nofearlost New Member

The answer to this prob is go to settings>applications>manage applications then find the stock messageing app and go into its settings and click clear default