• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Default browser timeout on WiFi

Hi All,

I have a problem with my Samsung Galaxy Nexus which started happening two weeks ago. The default browser times out on almost every website bar google.com.au when on home WiFi. Works fine on Work WiFi. Chrome on the other hand, has no issues.

I have installed WiFi Analyser and have set the channel on my D'Link DIR-835 to one that is not used by any surrounding routers. My wife's Galaxy S4 has no issues, nor does my ASUS laptop and wife's Dell laptop.

According to WiFi Analyser, the signal of the router is very strong, at least -65dBm. The next strongest is less than -90dBm.

I have googled and I found some posts with the same issue but no answers. Anyone know what I can change on my phone to get the default browser to work? It looks like a timeout issue as the blue line stops about 5mm across the screen.

TIA,

Vlad

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones