• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Default Camera App Missing

Dezrustrian

Lurker
Apr 16, 2013
Hello Everyone, new user here. I did a quick look over the forums, but did not see anything that pertained to my issue. If I missed anything, please direct me to the correct place. Thank you.

Anyway, I turned on my tablet this morning to find out that my little brother had managed to remove my default camera. I have no clue how he did this, or why, but I would really like to get it back on. As far as I can tell, the camera is gone (it doesn't show in the app list anymore). I've done some searches, and found out that I need to have the camera.apk file to fix this. Does anyone know where I can get a copy of it for my tablet? I would prefer not to do a factory reset if I don't need to. Thank you.

-Dez

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones