Default Car Dock App IssuesSupport

Last Updated:

1. shamis01

shamis01 New Member This Topic's Starter

I bought the custom car dock accessory from Verizon last week and although I do like the design and the way it hold the device I do have some issues with a couple of things.

1. How do you get the audio to work through the 3.5mm jack. There is a input on the back of the sliding part of the dock but when plugged into my car head unit I can't get anything to come out. I did try to hook up when I was on a call with some one and I was able to hear them when I turned the volume up but the could not hear me. It's almost like the microphone is deactivated when the devices is connected to the dock.

2. The Car Dock App : Where do I begin... First of all you can't turn it off completely when the device is hooked up. Second you have no choice on which search app to use and which navigation app to use. It forces you to use BING and Verizon Navigation. This is unacceptable. For this app to be any way useful it should be completely customizable. There should be some law that keeps Verizon from forcing you to use certain applications on a device.

So does anyone know how to configure this Car Dock App so it's any kind of useful or does anyone know anyway to completely disable it and is there a third party CAR Dock app that more useful??:mad::mad:

Advertisement
  2. Gevis

Gevis Well-Known Member

3.5 mm will be operable after we get 2.2, until then, it's useless.

As for the cardock app, I just exit out of it and open up pandora or maps or whatever. I wonder if with Root, you could replace what comes up when you put it in the dock. There are custom docks in the Market that are fully customizable, so it would be nice to have one of those open instead.

3. bezerk19

bezerk19 Well-Known Member

I'm getting the same behavior its not your car dock, when i use the 3.5mm jack, i can hear people on my car speakers but they can't hear me. Plus the sound notifications for email or text are played on the phone not the car speakers, when I had my Incredible, i was able to do all this with the 3.5mm jack, it was the best! I miss it, hopefully 2.2 can take care of this.

4. wtherrell

wtherrell Well-Known Member

Get Custom Car Home from Appbrain (the market.) You can put anything you want on it. I used Locale + Dock Condition Plugin+ Shortcut Plugin to make it my Default Car Dock. (Also used Locale, etc. to customize my own Desk Dock screens.) You may have pause when you see the Price of Locale but it's worth it IMHO. You might be able to do pretty much the same thing with Tasker but I am not familiar with it. Now when I put my phone into the car dock and close the slide, Custom Car Home Loads with all my custom screens. (3 screens of 8 apps / widgets each. ) Plus I have it set to automatically turn off WiFi, Start GPS, and start Bluetooth. It's really a cool app that lets you customize your own car dock screens. I have google Nav, maps, places, search, Vlingo In Car, etc. on my custom screens ;););)

debscan likes this.