Default Dialer bugSupport

Last Updated:

1. MatsN

MatsN Member This Topic's Starter

Hi!

I bought my Magic this summer and I'm loving it.

But recently i found a bug which is starting to annoy me. When trying to make the first call with the default dialer that comes with Magic and android 1.5, it gets cancelled right away. I press the top entry in the list, it goes to the call display (with the droid in the background and showing the name of call recepient), then i hear a beep and call canceled.

When I try to dial again, it works!

Problem is; it's really annoying to make the call twice!

Has anyone experienced this problem? Or have a proposal how to fix it?

T

Advertisement
  2. CodeMonkey

CodeMonkey Well-Known Member

I've experienced this recently on my Magic - however it only seems to occur on the O2 cell tower nearest my office, and only when the cell is under heavy load (peak hours).
    Is this behaviour the same for you regardless of which location you call from?
    Which network are you on?

3. MatsN

I haven't yet seen any patterns, but then again i haven't really looked for them!

But it's mostly during working hours i've used my telephone. I'm using norwegian company, Chess, which runs on Netcom Network i think.

I'll try paying more attention to when this problem occurs, and report back with my findings..

4. MatsN

Okey... i've been trying to find a pattern the last few days. It seems i don't get this problem in the evening, only during work at day.

5. CodeMonkey

CodeMonkey Well-Known Member

There's an app on the Market (free) called CellFinder, which will id the network tower you are connected to. May be worth running this when you experience the problem to see if it's the same tower every time?

6. MatsN

Actually, i talked to a friend of mine yesterday who owns a Nokia (can't remember the brand, smartphone nonetheless). He has the same problem, with calling people then getting network disconnected right away.

Ill try downloading cellfinder and see if it's a node based problem. Thanks for the tip!