• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Default Dialler for each contact? SGS2

ca4014

Lurker
Apr 2, 2012
Greetings all!

Right, I'm new to smartphones, new to Android AND this forum, so please excuse my all-round amateurish cluelessness.

I've got a Samsung Galaxy S2, on the 3 network in the UK. I'm figuring things out as I go along, and for the most part, managing ;-)

Here's my question:

I installed Skype and want to use it as the default dialler for some contacts - those overseas, calls not included in my tariff, etc. As far as I can gather, I can only set one dialler as the default on my phone, and it applies to all contacts. At the moment I have no default set, and the phone asks each time I ring someone, but I'm just trying to find a slightly more convenient way of doing it. For instance, while driving I can summon up a contact by voice but need to touch the phone to select Skype/ dialler.

Can anyone can suggest a dialler/ contacts manager which will allow this, and is the process of installing a new contacts manager easy and safe? i.e. no risk of losing contacts, etc.?

Many thanks in advance if anyone can shed some light.

Thanks but no joy, 27. I tried it out but what that allows you to do, is store two or more numbers under the same name, and the.one you set as default is the one that'll be used unless you open the contact and choose which one to dial/ text.

I don't think it's really a Skype issue, rather a case of finding a dialler/ contacts manager which will save the necessary setting for each contact individually.

Anyone else got any ideas?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones