Default Droid Wallpaper?Support

Last Updated:

1. notredewey

notredewey Active Member

Does anyone know how to get the default wallpaper back after changing it? For some reason it is not listed as an option in the wallpaper selection. Thanks.

2. MotoDroidHelpandInfo

MotoDroidHelpandInfo Well-Known Member

Are you sure, make sure youre clicking pictures and not wallpaper gallery.
  3. Jacqueline

Jacqueline Well-Known Member

Go to Menu/Wallpaper/Wallpaper Gallery
    Slide the gallery all the way to the end. I believe it is the next to the last choice.
  4. notredewey

notredewey Active Member

Thanks for your reply. Did you mean to say that the other way around? I do not have any pictures in my phone, so when selecting pictures it just displays "No media found". When selecting wallpaper gallery the wallpaper I am looking for (the background that the phone starts off with) is not one of the ones listed. Is it hidden somewhere?
  5. notredewey

notredewey Active Member

@Jacqueline, that wallpaper is similar but I do not believe it is the same one. I maybe loosing my sight though.
  6. Jacqueline

You are right. It isn't the default. It is so close I didn't notice the difference.

Try this: menu/more/skins/Android default skin

I verified this one against the video at Motorola. It is the default wallpaper.
  7. notredewey

notredewey Active Member

How do I get to menu/more? The options I see under menu are add, wallpaper, search, notifications, and settings.
  8. Jacqueline

I'm not sure why you don't see it. Follow these steps:

Unlock the phone and hold it in portrait mode. Hit the home button. Hit the menu button.

I get six options here: two rows of three. The bottom right option is more.
  9. notredewey

notredewey Active Member

Wow, I don't know what is up. My bottom right is settings. Only 5 icons, 2 on the top, 3 on the bottom row.
  10. Barbara

Barbara Well-Known Member

I have the exact same thing as you. I'm guessing the extra button has something to do with an app that was installed.
  11. drew3739

drew3739 Active Member

Me 2. It's always been like that. I never had a more option.
  12. oceanlight

oceanlight Well-Known Member

yeah 5 options
  13. notredewey

notredewey Active Member

Jacqueline, do you have an app installed that adds that functionality?
  14. Jacqueline

Could be. I'm running OpenHome. I didn't realize that was added by the app.
  15. notredewey

notredewey Active Member

Well I installed OpenHome just to try this. Yes it does add another icon to the menu key, but when going into skins and setting it to Android Default Skin, it just takes you back to what whatever was set as your wallpaper. Thanks for trying though. It has to be on the phone somewhere, I would think.
  16. Jacqueline

Hmmm ... on mine I had my wallpaper set to something from the gallery before getting openhome and locale changes it back to that one frequently, but when I chose default android skin it put the original back on. I verified it with the video.

This is strange....

I searched with Google and found someone who did a factory reset to get it back, but that seems a bit drastic.

Just a thought - have you powered off and back on since loading openhome. One other thought - I did pay for the full version. I don't know if it could be a difference between the free and paid versions.
  17. Jacqueline

OK, so I've been playing with the settings and cannot make it set the correct default background again. This is very strange.
  18. tsaunders

tsaunders Well-Known Member

I just used Glance and I can't find the wallpaper on the device.
  19. notredewey

notredewey Active Member

Its not that big of a deal, just kinda fustrating that this wallpaper seems to be nowhere on the device.
  20. Howie

Howie Well-Known Member

It's not under the wallpaper gallery 2nd from the very right?
  21. oceanlight

i also lost the default wallpaper and would like to get it back.

i think it's a bit different...

22. Jacqueline

I have not been able to get the default wallpaper again after being able to get it once. :(
  23. mikespe

mikespe Well-Known Member

Here is a far fetched idea but try searching google images for "default droid wallpaper" or something similar and see if anyone uploaded it yet? I'll bet someone did! Or will soon!
  24. oceanlight

i thought this was a good idea, because GOOGLE KNOWS ALL. so i googled it, but GOOGLE DOES NOT KNOW!!!!
  25. Jacqueline

I've done that a few times today. No luck.

I did do some reading on themes and it seems like there are databases with private spaces, and that is likely where the wallpaper is hiding.