Default Email .apk

Last Updated:

1. aosp

aosp Member

I rooted my Dad's Evo 4g on CyanogenMod7 RC3 (Gingerbread 2.3.7) and the default email application is set up very bad. When he tries to open up .doc attachments, it says file cannot be displayed. So basically now he has to save the .doc file, go to file manager, find the .doc, long press to choose which .doc viewer to use which I used Google docs to view the file. Picture files and .pdf files (provided you've downloaded adobe reader) can be opened up instantly, but .docs doesn't.

Anyone used different email clients with better success? Problem is I can't screw around with his phone too much as he uses it as his business phone.

Advertisement
  2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

Welcome to AF! I've moved your query to the Evo root forum, hopefully users of the device will be able to assist.

You might want to give K9-Mail a whirl though, that's a pretty good feature laden alternative to the stock email app.
    frenchy714, mikem0269, aosp and 2 others like this.
  3. aosp

aosp Member

Oh ok, thanks.
  4. bigbear6708

bigbear6708 Well-Known Member

+1 to K9. coming from BlackBerry, having an integrated inbox made the transition all that much better! I hear the default mail app has gotten better, just not worth my time since finding K9. if you are in a low reception area..be mindful that it may get hung up "fetching" mail and give you a wakelock.
    frenchy714 and ocnbrze like this.
  5. aosp

aosp Member

Good to know.
  6. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog VIP Member

Also Google, Yahoo, Hotmail/Live Mail all have android apps as well so if he has a Yahoo account he can dl the yahoo mail app its all fairly easy. If you have multiple email accounts then I would suggest k9 over the stock.
  7. aosp

aosp Member

Yeah I was going to give Gmail a try on his phone since I love anything that has to do with Google, haha. He uses about 3 emails so I'll try k9 first. Thanks.
    dustwun77 likes this.