• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help default email app stuck at refreshing

Do you have background data and auto sync enabled?
If you do that won't be the problem so open the email app press menu and try manually refreshing.
If that doesn't work try settings, applications, manage applications and clear data for the email app.
i was using wifi, same thing with 3g
i had to try the app a few times to get it to work
do u know wut went wrong

Upvote 0
weird thing is it wasn't happening with just hotmail. now i added another email so it has 2 that's when problem happened

Remove the newly-added account and see if the problem goes away. If it does then double-check the settings when you add it back. If the problem reoccurs and the account settings are correct then the issue is with the account's mail server(s).

If the problem presists with only the Hotmail account active then the problem is likely a routing or server problem with Hotmail and will rectify itself in time.

Upvote 0
Remove the newly-added account and see if the problem goes away. If it does then double-check the settings when you add it back. If the problem reoccurs and the account settings are correct then the issue is with the account's mail server(s).

If the problem presists with only the Hotmail account active then the problem is likely a routing or server problem with Hotmail and will rectify itself in time.
but when it stops working both accounts stop working, and when it works both account works
and same thign with both wifi and 3g

Upvote 0
but when it stops working both accounts stop working, and when it works both account works

Sorry, I must have misunderstood this:
weird thing is it wasn't happening with just hotmail. now i added another email so it has 2 that's when problem happened

Glad you sorted it out for yourself.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones