• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Default Email/Contacts Issue

StingRay

Nov 23, 2009
Dallas
Just realized that when I go into "Contacts" and select to email a contact that it is pulling up GMail rather than my Corporate Email client. All of my contacts are synced from my Outlook through my corporate Exchange server so I need to be sending the email from my corporate email.

I've gone into corporate email and selected to make this the "default" email client, but it is still pulling up GMail when I select to email from Contacts. I also have the "Corporate Contacts" app that I downloaded from the Market. It syncs with Exchange as well, but it is also pulling up GMail when I select to email from there as well.

Is there another default switch somewhere that I'm missing?:thinking:

GMail might still be set as the default to launch when you click on an e-mail, somehow. I don't know why this would be the case given that you've already set the other client as default, but it's possible. Have you tried checking the GMail app in Settings > Applications to see if you can hit the clear defaults button? If so, it may give you the option to launch various mail programs and pick a new one after you reset it.

Upvote 0
I just tried to email one of my contacts and it came up with the selection screen asking me which email client to use (corp or gmail) with the option to use this selection as default.

Try to go to settings, applications, manage applications, make sure your filter is set to All. Then select gmail and clear the defaults... then try to send an email again and see if you get the selection option.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones