• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Default Email Font Size - Galaxy S2

Hi Fellow Android Users,

First post for me; been reading the forums for quite a while - great site!

I have a Galaxy S2 which I love..although I now have a problem and it's irking me....badly!

In the email client (when writing the email, not the interface) the default font size is set to 12 point. It looks horrendous when replying to emails given that the stock signature is very small.

When writing an individual email, it's a hassle to change to 9 or 10 point every time, surely there is a way to make this default to 9 point??

Any thoughts, I'm sure this has bothered other users as well! I've tried looking everywhere for an answer with no luck. My only alternative is to switch to a 3rd party email app but since I use exchange my options are limited there..

Thanks

I see this thread hasn't been answered.

I was wondering the same thing. Recently, I switched from using my trusty Blackberry to my SGSII for my work email. However, it is a PITA to type with the very large font. I prefer something much smaller. I don't see a method for changing the font size on the stock email client.

Something I'm missing? Here's what mine looked like as I was thinking of this.

<edit> I was referring to the compose font size. The minimum seems to be 12 point. The viewing font size is just fine. I have it set to "tiny."</edit>

email_android_font.png

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones