Default Gmail accountGeneral

Last Updated:

1. AlphaKingBetU

AlphaKingBetU Member This Topic's Starter

Newbie here!
    I forgot my gmail account password when purchasing my Eris and the sales person set one up for me and also said i can later switch my account once i rememebred the old one. Well...she spelled my name wrong and it seems like i cannot delete the default account or switch to my previous existing account.

I wanted to uninstall gmail and reinstall but this app is not available. is this a possible solution?

Any suggestions of what i can do to restart my default gmail account setup associated with my verizon/droid phone?

Thanks guys!

Advertisement
  2. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

Go to settings>apps>manage app> find gmail, click it, clear data, go back to gmail app....is should ask you to log in

3. AlphaKingBetU

ive only searched a few threads and in both Caddyman had the answers! I will confirm this suggestion and reply back...Thanks Caddyman!

4. AlphaKingBetU

Hi Caddyman. It seems that even after clearing the data and i go back to the gmail app it reloads the previous account.

Thanks for the help. Any other suggestions?

5. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

then you have to look at other google related apps and do the same thing, i had to do this when i first got the phone, just like you, and i went in and pretty much cleared anything that said google on it, it worked.

6. AlphaKingBetU

I will give that a try since i havent used any other google related app....and...BAM it worked!

Big Thanks Caddyman!!!