Default Home Screen Wont SaveGeneral

Last Updated:

1. ThatGirl

ThatGirl Member This Topic's Starter

I use HTC Sense on my phone, the problem I have is my phone is not saving my default home settings. When I push the home button it asks me which program I want to use to complete the action (either andriod Home or HTC Sense), I always click the box indicating I want to use this option as default every time I push home but 10 minutes later when I push the home button again it asks me again which program I want to use. I have double checked in my settings and it shows HTC Sense is set as my default home setting but something just isnt right. Any suggestions?

Advertisement
  2. kdiggity

kdiggity New Member

I have this same problem and it is driving me crazy!! :mad::mad::confused::confused:

3. SirSlayer

SirSlayer Well-Known Member

Just a thought....what does the default say for the standard home settings?...The settings under applications and manage apps? I wander if some how they both are showing as default. Just a thought......Also you have any apps you put on recently? Like something that does auto clear of defaults? Spare Parts I know has some aggressive settings as well that might affect defaults.

4. pkopalek

pkopalek Well-Known Member

Clear defaults on both Home and HTC Sense, and then press 'Home' and check the box and select Home. Clearing defaults can be done like this: Home > Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage Apps > Home > Clear Defaults, and Home > Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage Apps > HTC Sense > Clear Defaults

5. ThatGirl

ThatGirl Member This Topic's Starter

The default settings on home shows 'no defaults set'.
    And I can't think of any apps i have that would mess with it.

I tried clearing and resetting, we will see if that works. It's weird cause it works for a bit but it always resets. I wouldn't think task killer would do that, but I'm not really tech savvy either. :-/

6. pkopalek

pkopalek Well-Known Member

As long as you clear default for HTC Sense, make Home the default, see what happens when you reboot. If Home stays the default, then success.

If not, then I'm lost. Someone will have some better input.

7. DaWeav

DaWeav Well-Known Member

Download the 'Home Switcher' app from the market and set the specific home (launcher) app as default in the Home Switcher app to see if that makes it hold to the specific Home app that you prefer to use.

8. librarianinblack

librarianinblack New Member

I have the same problem and have followed all recommend fixes with no success. It must be an app problem but I have no idea which one. Anyone with the same problem please post a list of. yoir apps here.

9. EricB

EricB Well-Known Member

I've been having this problem ever since I added Open Home, then aHome, then Lock 2.0, then Lockbot. Right now I only have Lockbot installed, and I'm thinking that one of these programs may have left behind some remnants or issues that are causing this. I may remove Lockbot and see if that fixes the issue. I also have noticed that occasionally I open a program, can't remember which one, and after moving through some menus in it, it goes back to Home without finishing the task. Open the program again, and all's well. Confusing, huh?

10. jdietz

jdietz New Member

I just started encountering this problem yesterday. I have not downloaded any new programs in a while (nothing like a task killer). Just before encountering the problem I updated my profile, PRL, and checked for Firmware updates. I also saved my scene. Other than that I have done nothing out of the ordinary. Lastly, I recently updated Astrid, Daily Stuff, stream media player, yxflash, chachadroid, where, aLogCat and a few games.

Also, it will not let me clear the settings. Any suggestions?

11. shamsud

shamsud Member

I was having the same problem solved it by removing launcher.apk and launcher.odex with the help of root manager

12. jdietz

jdietz New Member

I located the problem (on another thread). My niece had downloaded a puzzle program that was causing it. Aparrently there are a few different puzzles on the marketplace that to this.

13. spdwslc

spdwslc New Member

I found the default is lost after I press and hold the home button to select an active application

14. Mabuse

Mabuse New Member

I had the EXACT same problem on my HTC Legend for the last 5 days and it was driving me nuts.

I finally found the "bad boy": The update for my estrong File manager. It came with a security and task manager plugin. After deinstalling all 3 eStrong software programs Sense is ok again. Also "HTC Sense" is not included in the task list anymore when long-holding the home key.

So solution for some of you might be:

- deinstall the eStrong Software
    - reboot
    - relax :)
    FB_Addon_TelNo{ height:15px !important; white-space: nowrap !important; background-color: #0ff0ff;}