Default HTC Hero 2.1 player problemsSupport

Last Updated:

1. xevious

xevious Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I don't know if there's a better player than the default one included with Android 2.1 on the HTC Hero... but until I get to the point of rooting mine, I'm using the default. Overall, it's not a bad player. However, I've run into a couple of problems.

1. It seems the only way to "refresh" an album list is to reboot the phone. Is there a quicker way?
    2. The player is inconsistent about artwork images. At first I thought it had something to do with ID2 vs. ID3 tags, but I'm finding it happens regardless of whether both tags are present. Some of my songs simply don't show artwork, yet they display fine in Windows Explorer and in iTunes. Is there a size limit?
    3. Some songs are simply not found. I added them to a folder at the same level as other folders by the same artist, and yet the songs don't show up in the player. The filenames are smaller than others that show up, and so is the sub folder name. The files are large, over 10mb each, but then I've got a 12mb file showing up with no problem elsewhere.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. treborcj

treborcj Well-Known Member

For questions 1 and 3, download SDrescan from the market to refresh. Run it after you copy songs to your phone then open the player. I also make sure that all the songs are in mp3 format.

For question 2, I use Tunewiki from the market as my player and it displays the artwork automatically from their database.