• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Default Keyboard

Bill514

Lurker
Apr 20, 2011
I'm trying to get my default keyboard back on my HTC EVO Shift and it's driving me crazy. I uninstalled the free one i tried but I hate it. Now I cant get the old one back. I'm about ready to do a factory reset. I don't have that much on the phone to loose. At least I'll be back to square one. Any suggestions?

I'm trying to get my default keyboard back on my HTC EVO Shift and it's driving me crazy. I uninstalled the free one i tried but I hate it. Now I cant get the old one back. I'm about ready to do a factory reset. I don't have that much on the phone to loose. At least I'll be back to square one. Any suggestions?

this is an og evo forum but it should still work the same. go into settings/apps/manage apps/find the current keyboard app/select clear default. now you should have the stock keyboard back.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones