Default Launcher

Last Updated: 2012-11-12 18:19:27
  1. stringfiend

stringfiend Well-Known Member

I am new to tasker but I have really been benefiting from this forum. I love the %lightlevel variable and many of the other ideas I've found here. But I'm wondering if I could get some help with something.

Objective: I want tasker to switch my touchwiz launcher to nova launcher in the car and make it the default launcher. Then, when I exit the car I want tasker to switch back to touchwiz and make it the default launcher again.

I have it setup with an NFC chip so I'm not worried about the context, just the task. Right now, it will switch my launcher but not make it default; thus, when I hit the home button it reverts to touchwiz. I want to be able to hit the home button in the car and stay in Nova Launcher. Is this even possible?

Thanks in advance for any time you take to respond to this!

Advertisement
  2. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Well-Known Member

Are you using Load App to start Nova?
  3. stringfiend

stringfiend Well-Known Member

Yes, load app Nova Launcher. I imagine there is something I should be putting in the Data box...
  4. chrisdroid33

chrisdroid33 Member

hi,
    I'm new to tasker and would like to perform something similar to you.
    I have a default launcher that is needed to have USB support.
    but I want to replace it by nova launcher. this on needs to be the default launcher after the original starts.
    can tasker set nova launcher as default after boot and set the original launcher as default when I turn off my device ?
    Or can Tasker simulate clicks in an application such as a launcher manager ?
    btw what is load app ?
    I use startup manager.
    thanks
  5. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Well-Known Member

Load App is a Tasker action.