Default Mail for Mail App - HTC RezoundSupport

Last Updated:

1. OvermanIT

OvermanIT New Member

How can I change the default email for the Mail App? I have 2 email accounts on my phone. Work and Gmail. I would like for work to be my default email account. But in the Mail App when you drop down, Gmail says 'default' next to it. I just got a replacement Rezound. My old Rezound didnt even show Gmail in the Mail App. Is there a way to remove Gmail from the Mail app or remove it as the default? other than factory reset..

Advertisement
  2. Metroid Prime

Metroid Prime Oil Can!!! Oil Can!!! VIP Member

I moved your thread to your devices forum. :)
    OvermanIT likes this.
  3. zazan

zazan Well-Known Member

Go into your mail. At the top of the screen there is the default account with an arrow. Click on the arrow and change accounts to the one you want. With that account at the top of the screen go to menu>more>settings>general settings. There set as default. Now the new account is the default.
  4. OvermanIT

OvermanIT New Member

Thank you so much for your help.. Your instructions took care of my issue. I dont know how I didnt see that before, but im just glad its fixed. Thanks again! :D
    NightAngel79 likes this.
  5. zazan

zazan Well-Known Member

Glad I could help. In my experience there are a lot of things that are not at all obvious up front yet when they are explained they seem obvious. It think its a weird alien conspiracy to keep people who work with computers feeling stupid. This is especially true doing open source web development.
  6. mpelch

mpelch New Member

Hi, I was able to set my default email account ok but it does not sync with my contacts. My personal profile shows only the email I want to use but if I click on a link to a contact's email address the gmail address the AT&T salesperson activated for me is listed. Any suggestions on correcting this?