Default map application

Last Updated:

1. quibble

quibble Member This Topic's Starter

Hello - noob alert so sorry if this has been asked before (I've tried searching, honestly, I have so I don't think it's been asked!!).

I've installed the maps-with-navigation for my desire from:

Add Turn by Turn Navigation To HTC Desire Nimbu

.. and it is brilliant (as is the voice control, but that's a different conversation). I now have two map applications; one with Nav and one without. Is there any way to change it so, when I look at things it defaults to using the map app with navigation rather than the phone-standard of the one without.

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. quibble

100 views and no one knows how to change the app :-(

3. miles_t

miles_t Member

Why would you want navigation from other apps? Is there a specific app you are thinking about? I think as the 'real' maps app is updated reguraly its best to have that as a default anyway??

4. quibble

I have the "real" maps that came with the phone then I also have the other version of google maps that allows turn-by-turn navigation outside of the US. When I look thigs up on t'interweb, then the original google-maps opens. If I then want to navigate, I have to copy the address and open the 2nd google maps app.

5. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

Try going to settings > > apps > manage apps and clearing defaults on the default maps?