default messagingSupport

Last Updated:

1. michelle4439

michelle4439 New Member This Topic's Starter

PLEASE help!! This is driving me crazy. I have handcent on my phone and use it. I was sending a text from the contacts and it gave me the option to use handcent or default. I was trying to make the handcent my default and i hit the detault app instead. Now of course the option does not come up again. I have tried everything. I can not get the option to come up again. When I go to my contacts and want to send a text I want to use handcent not the default app. PLEASE help. I have went into the settings-applications-manage apps- and both handcent and the default app is grey where it saids clear defaults.

Advertisement
  2. T66T

T66T Well-Known Member

have you tried uninstalling handcent and reinstalling it

3. Veritech

Veritech Active Member

From the Handcent FAQ:
    Go to Phone Settings > Applications > Manage Applications
    Scroll until you locate "Messaging" then press it. Where is says "Launch by Default" press it and it will say "No Defaults Set"

Now exit all that and go to send a text message from your Contacts screen again and it should ask you again which to choose as default.

rgitch likes this.
  4. michelle4439

I have uninstalled handcent and reinstalled. I also have went to the manage app and when I pull up handcent and the regular message app it said no defaults set and that box that is there is grey on both apps. I have only had my droid x for a week and am wondering if it is maybe the phone. I dont know what else to do. It still goes to the regular app when you text from the contacts.

5. michelle4439

THANKS so much for eveyone that helped. I did figure it out. Thanks again.:)

6. Veritech

Veritech Active Member

Glad to hear it! :)